Sunday, November 16, 2008

Skinny Dude Career: Stuntman for a Lady

My Special Dude (He is normally sized and on the trim side, if you must know) and I were at the Brew & View at the Magic Bag in Ferndale, MI the other night when we came across one of the most perfect jobs for a Skinny Dude. No, it's not Skinny Hipster Barwench, although that is a fine profession and may be featured on the blog at a future date.

Before the movie starts, the fine crew at the Magic Bag (Hey Magic Bag, feel free to advertise on this blog in return for all the FREE PRESS...WHICH WOULD NO LONGER MAKE IT "FREE" I GUESS...BUT WHO'S COUNTING? NOT ME. UNLESS I AM COUNTING THE ADVERTISING REVENUE THAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO GIVE ME) like to play a DVD of their choosing. It was at the Magic Bag that I first was introduced to the cult show H.R. Pufnstuf which has nothing to do with being Skinny, but a lot to do with being high.

The pre-movie DVD that they were playing this time around was the first season of the TV show, Charlie's Angels. At first I was really confused because I had only seen the far, far superior theatrical remakes starring the greatest actresses of our time (Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore & Lucy Liu in case you need a refresher). I was about to ask the management to get with the times, when the following scene appeared on the screen:



I guess this is a rather iconic scene from the series. That's what pld people have told me, anyway. The thing that caught my eye was the stand in for Farrah Fawcett. TOTALLY A SKINNY DUDE! I had to make sure, so I took my brain to the interwebs. While he isn't credited "officially" on the internet bible of TV & Movies, some other sources seem to think that that stand in is living legend (thanks Tyra) and original Z-Boy Stacy Peralta.

skinny stacy peralta

skinny stacy peralta

skinny stacy peralta

Unemployed Skinny Dudes - hear me now! Learn to skateboard, get some highwaisted jeans (borrow them from your girlfriend!) get a wig, and let the profits come rolling in. Skateboarding is only one of the many stunts you can be employed to perform. Other stunts include:

*Lady Fighting
*G.I. Jane
*Child Tripping and Falling down
*Squeezing through a car door that is on fire and can only be opened a crack
*The Skinny Flying Squirrel
*Hooker running from Pimp
*The Wet Noodle
*Starving to Death

...and much, much more!

If you are employed as a Stuntman for a Lady, you really should write a letter to Stacy Peralta thanking him for saying "Yes I can...Yes I can do things that a lady can't and shouldn't do" and opening so many doors for Skinnies like y'all.

2 comments:

Molly Lambert said...

Stacy Peralta was sooooooo fine

Unknown said...

Shoot, i just spent too much time looking for the actual clip of stacy from that same episode. At one point he "accidentally" bumps into all the angels on the sidewalk as he's skating by all cute and skinny. It was in the Dogtwon doc. Anywho...